Thursday, September 22, 2011

Why can't i transfer my game to my new pc?any computer whiz here?

i had nfs5 and i feel its the best car game i've ever played.that was in my previous cpu.theni changed it and thought i could play the game by transferring it through a pen drive.but when i open the game after that an error window appears saying-



Error:terminate execution?

You have DirectC 0.Please install DirectX 7.

Could not load ''./drivers/dx7z''[FILE=/real/patch3/pc/… LINE=273



Yes No



If i click yes ,it goes away.if i click no,it says-3d graphics hardware could not be initialized.



What the heck is this?i installed direct x 10 but it keeps saying i have directx 0.my computer repairer had no clue how to fix it and gave me nfs2 hot pursuit.but the game stinks.how do i play nfs5?why the **** won't it work?



do you have any suggestions?



please don't tell me to download it from somewhere.the speed is so low here it'll take a day to downaload a game.Why can't i transfer my game to my new pc?any computer whiz here?1.u probably didnt copy all the data files of the game ,may be some were left out or were sht cuts and in other drives.

2.now that being said , u cant retrive it cuz ur harddisk is formatted.

3.now u want to play that game even more cuz u lost it.right?

4.but try to find the cd from where u got the game in the first place.cuz thats the only and i mean only way u can play.(as u said u dont want to get into the torrent download thing).



it happened to me:i lost halo 1.after 1 yr of playing.

:( its really frusturating. but u hv to download it if u dont hv the cd .Why can't i transfer my game to my new pc?any computer whiz here?It is not possible to copy a game or any program from one Windows computer to another computer. It will not work. The game needs to be re-installed.



You also might not have a graphics card that can handle the game in the other computer.Why can't i transfer my game to my new pc?any computer whiz here?You can't transfer a program, it has to be installed on the new computer the same way it was installed on the old one - either from the CD or the installation program, or however you did it on the first one. Evidently you're missing some file or registry entry the game uses to interface with DirectX 10 graphics.



Sorry, there's no way to copy it from one computer to another - the installation doesn't just put files on the computer, it also adds things to the registry and adds some files to places other than the folder the game is in. Not too nice for us, but that's how Windows works.Why can't i transfer my game to my new pc?any computer whiz here?The only way you can install it properly, is to download it from the orginal site.

%26quot;SORRY%26quot;

%26quot;Good Luck%26quot; CharlieWhy can't i transfer my game to my new pc?any computer whiz here?Edit: Just noticed you said pen drive, you'll need to install it from the DVD / CDs, copying it to a pen drive destroys its architecture to core windows files.



What graphics card do you have? Its all a Direct X issue (if your computer repairer could work that out he's a moron), try downloading the file from the link below; then do the following:



Double click on My Computer.



Double click on your Hard Drive (usualy labled C:/)



Look for a folder called WINDOWS



(it may say %26quot;These files are hidden blah blah blah%26quot; click the link just below this text to show the files)



There's a lot of folders in here, look for and open a folder called System32.



Now cut and paste (or drag) the file you just downloaded (d3dx9_34.dll) to this folder.



Try NFS5 again.Why can't i transfer my game to my new pc?any computer whiz here?If your other computer is the same as the current, or if it's got winXP, then why don't you just take the hard disk from the old and put it in the new? Or copy the old HDD (Hard disk drive) and insert it in the new one.

But some games CAN actually be copy pasted from one place to another and still work. Try this:

Open the Game directory and find run.exe

Double click on it and the game should open, cuz run.exe adds the registry key's to Win registry.Why can't i transfer my game to my new pc?any computer whiz here?Id just say install it again, And it is possible to play a copied game =P WoW does haha =D I can just run it off my portable hard drive onto any computer.
  • verifying rental applications
  • baby girl names best
  •