Thursday, September 22, 2011

I am looking to buy a new Asus any advice??

I am thinking of buying an Asus Striker or Maximus motherboard. But I'm not sure which one to go for. These motherboards are both around the same price. I only have DDR2 the Maximus supports DDR2 and DDR3. This is the only difference that I can see.

How easy is it to get these up and running and be able to overclock with ease? I am new to this kind of thing. Would I have to buy other things to overclock too?

Would I have to change my DDR2 RAM Memory? It's a 2GB

(1 x 2) Ballistix 667. 240 pins. The Striker works with 800 but I'm not sure how many pins this has.

There will be no changes to the CPU as this will work with the new motherboard.

Thank you to all you good people who answer these questions.I am looking to buy a new Asus any advice??If the price of the two are around the same, I will go for the Maximus because it is a newer model and it comes packed with lots of overclocking features.



Check out this page for the details:

http://rog.asus.com/product/product_max_



As for your memory, those are good memory I would say thus you don't have to change them.



Argh, my ASUS Commando seems like soooo yesterday.I am looking to buy a new Asus any advice??maximus easy memory prices for ddr3 are way to high but in about six months it'll be down
  • asterbation bad for you
  • medium hair
  •