Here's what you do:
1. If there's a chance for you to download google chrome browser do it.
2. Install google chrome if it's not your browser (faster browser and less PC
3. Go to this site watch the video and have a FREE PC Tune up - http://ad.trwv.net/t.pl/41289/205972
4. Avail of the FREE computer Tune Up by clicking the top left FREE tuneup button
5. Let the %26quot;GEEKS%26quot; do their job by fixing your PC online
6. Just answer the feedback form after the fix/tuneup
7. Restart your PC after the tune up
8. If you need to go back to your old browser then do it.
OTHER OPTIONS TO PERMANENTLY SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM, VISIT:
Hope this helpsWhy is my cpu speed slower than it's supposed to be?Ubuntu reports the current CPU speed, not the max speed.