Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I limit the way a process uses the CPU?

Here's the problem. I have this game that always uses left over CPU power when it's running. The CPU is always at 100% when the game is open. And when the CPU is at 100%, the fans in my computer start spinning faster, and therefore it gets noisier, which is annoying. The thing is, I know that the game definitely doesn't need all this processor power.



So is there a way to limit the way a process uses the CPU? Such as making the process use a maximum of 50% of the CPU. I already know about changing the priority of a process, but that doesn't fix the 100% CPU usage.How can I limit the way a process uses the CPU?You can try using windows task manager to limit the game.

When the game is on, go to task manager, under the process tab, right click on the game, set priority%26gt; to anything you want.

if you use dual cores, you can set affinity, limiting the game to 1 processor only.