Thursday, September 22, 2011

Computer high CPU usage causes my windows to change layout to an older one with less fancier buttons? why?

My laptop is around three years old but I dont believe that it has to be this bad already. When I have a lot of applications and %26quot;heavy%26quot; websites, sometimes it tells me that its not responding.Especially when viewing flash websites or long blogs. if try to close things fast all together, at times it gets so exhausted that windows xp layout changes to the one of grey color windows 98ish with less fancier buttons and then it goes back to xp. Does it do it to save CPU? should I be really worried? My used space on the computer is only 18GB out of total 60GB so I doubt that has anything to do with it. Laptop is around 3. GHz %26amp; 480 MB of RAM.



any ideas how long computer will last before it breaks down? is three years of using the same laptop really long?



thanksComputer high CPU usage causes my windows to change layout to an older one with less fancier buttons? why?becuase the 480MB ram isnt enough to runn all your applications and the operating system at the same time hence it reverting back to the classic look.Computer high CPU usage causes my windows to change layout to an older one with less fancier buttons? why?Your system may be set for 'best appearance' as opposed to 'best performance' or v vs.

Change whatever you've got (I select 'Let Windows decide...' which seems to strike an all around good compromise)



RIght click 'My Computer'%26gt; Properties%26gt; Advanced%26gt;Visual Effects: here make your selection %26amp;/or change %26amp; customize.



Also, try Firefox with these add-ons:

NoScript: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox

Flashblock: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox

Add block plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox

that should keep the flashing junk ads down to a minimum.
  • online games with
  • pc or mac
  •