Thursday, September 22, 2011

My pc powers on before my ups.?

I have an APC ups which normally takes about half a minute to come on and only then do I power on the pc.

I had my cpu fan changed yesterday and while the service people were checking it out they did something in cmos and since then every time I switch on the ups the pc powers on simultaneously. Can someone please let me know how to rectify this? Thanks.My pc powers on before my ups.?OK. You need to change the BIOS settings. When your computer initially Powers ON the BIOS ROM configures your harware in order for your PC to operate.



To go into the BIOS you need to RESTART your PC. When the PC powers on you would need to press either DEL or F2 or similar key. Read the screen carefully to see wich key is assigned for BIOS changes. The BIOS key appears only for a few seconds so you may need to restart your PC more than once until you get the BIOS access.



Now...



GO into the POWER configuration page.



There there must be a POWER ON option that configures whether your computer will automatically turn itself on in case of a power failure. Disable this option and you should be fine.



Do NOT change anything else on the BIOS settings, then save the configuration.