Monday, September 19, 2011

What's needed to overclock my system?

I'm trying to keep my system from being left out with the many new hardware that came out.... I have a phenom 9950 BE 2.6ghz with 4gb of ddr2 ram. And with the new phenom 2's out and ddr3 rams in use... I'm having a hard time keeping up... Cause if I have to change my CPU and ram.. Il have to buy a new mobo.. Which is like buying a new PC in the end.... So I might just end up OVERCLOCKING... But... I don't know where to start? And what specs are safe enough to have at least decent performance at these times... All I know is that cooling is important..other than that I'm clueless... Where to begin... Any suggestions or sites to go to... On how to safely overclock a phenom 9950 BE... I have a thermaltake nivana CPU cooler..What's needed to overclock my system?Unlocked processor, unlocked (configurable) bios --%26gt;and lots of time to read up on it first,

OC'ing really is a thing of the past and not needed anymore, its not like your trying to get 500mhz out of a pentium 350mhz. any more. Todays computers are built with enough speed and memory.



I am guessing you werent talking about OC'ing the video card or memory correct ??



Also, if you do it wrong there is a good chance you can burn the processor on the first boot attempt, so drill a hole in it and put it on your key chain as an expensive reminder.



%26quot;JUST SAY NO%26quot; TO OVER CLOCKING