Monday, September 19, 2011

I JUST INSTALLED A NEW CPU BUT MOBO DOESN'T DETECT IT! WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I replaced my old CPU Q6600 with Q9550 (both use same socket) onto ABIT IP35 PRO XE (can take up to 1600 FSB)



The very first boot right after new cpu installation I got this message



%26quot;Warning CPU has been change! Please re-setting CPU in CMOS %26amp; remember to save before exit%26quot;



I never done anything in BIOS before in my life, so i have no idea At All what has to be changed in setting.



I do know the differences of these 2 chips



Q9550 has 1333MHz FSB , Q6600 has 1066MHz



L2 Cache ; 12MB , 8MB



Bus/Core Ratio 8.5 , 9



also CPUID String(I don't know what it is) are different





I can boot up the Window %26amp; Use the pc with no problem but when I look at basic infos of the pc, the process doesn't show anything like Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.84GHz as usual. It says only 2.84GHz



Moreover when i look at it in Device Manager, the Processors show as %26quot;Unknown Device%26quot;



the CPU's latest driver is already there coz i updated it online %26amp; Window said the driver is up to date. (but there's something weird coz when i check the driver details it shows C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys which seems like 32-bit driver despite my OS is Vista Business 64-bit



IS THERE ANYTHING I HAVE TO DO IN BIOS? LIKE CHANGE THE SETTING?



ALSO HOW COULD I GET THE Q9550 DETECTED?I JUST INSTALLED A NEW CPU BUT MOBO DOESN'T DETECT IT! WHAT SHOULD I DO?Go here to download the last BIOS. You need to flash the BIOS so that it well detect the CPU correctly.

The website also tells you how to flash the BIOS. Fallow all the steps and on the need boot you should see you CPU correctly detected.

You Motherboard BIOS Update:

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/download/



How to flash you BIOS:

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/download/



You know Intel and nVidia motherboard allow you to flash the BIOS in Windows.I JUST INSTALLED A NEW CPU BUT MOBO DOESN'T DETECT IT! WHAT SHOULD I DO?try getting help from google.