Monday, September 19, 2011

Motherboard BIOS question?

I have ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe Motherboard. I want to change my CPU frequency from 3,00 GHz to 2,00 GHz because my cpu is always getting hot. My BIOS doesn't allow any changes of cpu frequency. How to fix this?Motherboard BIOS question?Here's one link for you:



http://www.oldskool.org/pc/throttle



I just googled %26quot;cpu throttling%26quot;.



You can do that and look at the other links as well.



Before you get too excited though, your cpu already may be throttling itself to prevent heat damage. There might be a sign here of a greater problem.



Perhaps the heat sink/fan/thermal paste is not sufficient. Check to make sure the fan is operating, and maybe even pop the cpu fan off and make sure there is thermal paste between the cpu and the heat sink.



Your case could be plain dusty. Take the cover off, and blast it clean with compressed air.



Those are just some suggestions. Others:



Make sure your PC is in a relatively ventilated area, with moving air around the case. You could also consider adding a case fan.



Lot's of things contribute to heat. Heat in the cpu comes first from either a disfunctional cpu fan, or improperly seated heat sink, or a problem with your thermal paste. Start there, and then try the other things.



Don't throttle your cpu without knowing for sure there isn't a bigger problem.Motherboard BIOS question?I know for sure that there are programmes in the net to overclock cpu's.....I use a water cooler....they r awesome....