Monday, September 19, 2011

DFI INFINITY 975X/G Motherboard problem?

I have just updated the BIOS for this motherboard and whenever i start up my computer it changes the cpu multiplier from 9x to 6x even though i set it as 9x in the bios. I have a E6600 cpu which you should not be able to change the multiplier on. Before i updated it my cpu ran at 2.4Ghz now it runs at 1.6Ghz. How can i stop this from happening?DFI INFINITY 975X/G Motherboard problem?just download the free utlity cpu-z from www.cpuid.com

and test ur CPU speed.

start this software and note ur CPU speed.. it will be diffrent at diffrent load.. bcoz intel have speedstep tehnology in their latest CPU.. which lower the clock speed of the CPU to reduce power consumption at no or less load.

its just a better technology.

start that software and also start some heavy software after that.. and note the speed if it is rising and lowering then it means there's no problem and no need to worry. but if it is stick to 1.6ghz.. then u should update the BIOS again... with latest one or revert back..

but from my experience it is just a lowering the frequency at no load and can go to high (2.4) at full load.. just use cpu-z.exeDFI INFINITY 975X/G Motherboard problem?the only time you should update the bios is if your having a problem or are required to for a new piece hardware see the bios does not give you what a new driver gives you so if I was you I would try to flash back to the other bios but that's just my opinion