Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I've broken my PC, how can I fix it?

I did a very stupid thing, went in the BIOS and changed the CPU speed from 200 to 300. Now my PC wont boot up. Can anyone help?I've broken my PC, how can I fix it?Have you tried booting it up in safe mode? Turn your computer on and immediately start tapping f8 repeatedly. Once the computer starts beeping stop hitting f8. after a few seconds or minutes it will hopefully take you to the recovery options menu. Go to last known good configuration and hit enter. If that doesn't work turn the computer off then back on again and repeat steps to get to recovery options menu and try booting up in safe mode. Regardless of how you get the computer to boot up the first thing you need to do before doing anything else is go to start menu %26gt; programs %26gt; accessories %26gt; system tools %26gt; and open up system restore and restore your computer to a time before you jacked your computer up.



If you are unable to get the computer to boot up at all using the above methods then you're gunna have to try booting up off the installation disk if you have. Windows recovery disk will work too. If you have either of those disks available then put them in the cd drive then turn your computer off and then back on and it should hopefully run the disk. So if you get the computer to run the disk then you will eventually get to the windows recovery tool menu and from there do a system restore.



Hope this helped, good luck!!I've broken my PC, how can I fix it?Resetting the BIOS should go back to default. Use the correct jumper on the mainboard to clear the CMOS, or remove the battery on your mainboard for 15 minutes or so.I've broken my PC, how can I fix it?Go back and change it back?

You can also open up the computer and there is sometimes a BIOS reset switch it and hopefully it will go back.

Otherwise you killed the CPU and well you knowI've broken my PC, how can I fix it?Open your computer case. There is a jumper set near the lithium battery (called CMOS battery) in the motherboard. Just reset that jumper. In some motherboard, you don't need to open your computer and reset the jumper, you can press a key (mostly F) at the time of booting computer. Check your computer's motherboard manual.



Good luck.I've broken my PC, how can I fix it?Change it back... if you can't change it back.... get the latest BIOS and re-flash the BIOS, that should put it back to the default setting.I've broken my PC, how can I fix it?do like what all these people told, thats a sure way to get electrified..

just make a short circuit to your main board, it will reset it..but most probabnly you caused damage to your cpu when u changed the bios..

i recommend you to check an IT.



good luckI've broken my PC, how can I fix it?Holy s$%#



O_o I don't think you can even get Base Clock to run above 230 without serious stability problems, even with liquid cooling.



Unplug it. take the button battery out of the mainboard, and let your computer sit for about 10 minutes and put it back in, that will reset the BIOS to default.I've broken my PC, how can I fix it?Hi Liam, i think user1 up there is on the money. Removing cmos battery for a while, maybe up to one hour, returns bios to normal settings. It is small skinny looking battery which can be removed carefully and be replaced.

Also these batteries on average last for about 8 years.I've broken my PC, how can I fix it?On the motherboard near the battery (it will be a small silver button shape about 3/4%26quot; across and flat) there will be 3 pins in a row. There will be a jumper placed on pins 1 and 2, and pin 3 will be bare. With all power to the motherboard OFF, remove this jumper and place it on pins 2 and 3. Give it a few seconds, count to 10 if you wish. Then pull it back off and place it on pins 1 and 2. This should reset your bios to factory defaults. Whatever you do, do not try to boot the computer with the jumper set on pins 2 and 3 (reset mode) Whenever you are handling components of your computer,make sure you are grounded (in constant contact with the frame of the computer case) to avoid static electric discharge which will damage the computer. Also, always ALWAYS make sure you have disconnected the power source.I've broken my PC, how can I fix it?hi liam

dont worry mate,we have all done this and we all regret it afterwards,however follow these instructions to get your p.c up and running again

1) making sure your pc is not connected to the mains open the side panel of your pc and locate the cmos battery,this is a small coin like battery and is close to the sata plugs on your motherboard,it looks like this : http://www.packetminds.com/wp-content/up

2) carefully remove this from the socket it in(be very careful) and after twenty seconds place it back ensuring its fitted properly

3)if you are not sure about removing this theres another method of resetting the bios,locate the cmos jumpers that look like this : http://www.dansdata.com/images/133aboard move this jumper from its default position which is 1/2 and then move it to position 2/3 for 20 seconds and then place the jumper back in its default position of 1/2.......your bios has been reset

4)when you boot up your pc you may see messages such as cpu failure however dont worry,this is due to the settings in the bios be reset,press the delete key to enter the bios and do the following

a) set the time and date

b) set the boot order ,if you are re-installing windows set it to cd-rom first and hard drive second,

c) any sata settings that may have been changed

then before you leave the bios remember to %26quot;save and exit setup%26quot; to save any changes you have made to the cmos

note: overclocking is not recommended,i have been using pc,s and computers since 1984 and in all that time i have only ever overclocked one peice of hardware and that was a graphic card,its not worth the hassle and the little amount of perfomance gained through overclocking is not worth the amount of greif when things go wrong

also if you are unsure with settings in the bios just press the option %26quot; set to default settings%26quot; and this will set the bios to the safest settings there are,alternatively you can use the %26quot;set to optimal settings%26quot; which will set the bios to the best performing settings without having to overclock

i hope this helps,however any problems let me know

good luck mate !