Monday, October 24, 2011

My questio is how far can i safely upgrade my cpu in a compaq 5000 series computer

It had a 633 mhz cpu in it new it has benn upgraded once to 933 mhz.

I recently started school and need at least 1.3 gb do I dare go that far without changing anything else. I have a socket 370 cpu if that helps anyMy questio is how far can i safely upgrade my cpu in a compaq 5000 series computer Lappies are notoriously hard to upgrade. Check the manufacturer's website - you should be able to find a pdf of the owner's manual which, among other things, will tell you the max processor clock speed.



I'd keep in mind that if it's an old lappie, any spare chips are likely to have come from older systems - you'll be getting a system-pull that's probably okay, but has some mileage of its own.



Consider getting more RAM - that might be cheaper.