Monday, October 24, 2011

Computer won't work, why not? please help?

I bought a new CPU fan and thermal grease, applied to it, and installed the fan safely



I made sure it's proper socket and size. And i do upgrades/custom installation occasionally



But this time my PC won't work, I turn it on but my screen won't show anything, I made sure all wires are plugged in and all.

Plus my motherboard has some yellow lights glowing somewhere near the CPU :/



please help, why won't it work and How can I fix it?



I previously posted and some people don't know how to read

ITS NOT A NEW CPU! its a new cpu FAN!

everything is good and working the power supply is more than enough

the only thing i changed was the CPU FAN!! and it doesn't work and does what i said above :/Computer won't work, why not? please help?This could be several things. You state:

1. %26quot;I bought a new CPU fan and thermal grease, applied to it, and installed the fan safely%26quot; - Why did you replace your fan? Was it because of overheating problems or just for kicks? If it was because of overheating problems, damage to your motherboard may have already been done.

2. %26quot;Plus my motherboard has some yellow lights glowing somewhere near the CPU :/ %26quot; - This indicates that the motherboard is getting some power, but possibly not enough to run everything. You may have a bad power supply.Computer won't work, why not? please help?Boot the Motherboard with everything off it and then shut it down and try with everything on. I'd refer to your manual to see what the yellow light means. I'd say all you need to do is reset the jumpers on the board and it should boot.

Just throwing this out try plugging the fan into a different slotComputer won't work, why not? please help?The fan may not be compatible with the motherboard. Visit your motherboard maker's website or your manual for more information.