Monday, October 24, 2011

How much should I change my Vcore for overclocking my quad core q6700?

I plan on overclocking my core 2 quad (Q6700) to maybe 3.0ghz, 3.3ghz, or 3.5 ghz. What changes would I need to make to the Vcore for these overclocks?



stock cpu speed is 2.66

stock Vcore is 1.25



THANKS!How much should I change my Vcore for overclocking my quad core q6700?If you are not familiar with Overclocking, I recommend you google the subject due to the fact that there are a number of things you should monitor during the OC. Critical would be not to over volt and overheat from the higher voltages. Many trials and configurations need to be tried to find the sweet stable OC you will need. CPU overclock is not the only OC you can to perform for max performance. Do some more Google research because this is a vast subject. You can't just turn up the dial!How much should I change my Vcore for overclocking my quad core q6700?If you have to ask that...you probably don't know enough or researched enough about overclocking or your equipment to do it