Monday, October 24, 2011

I've detected that only one of my processors is working. How will i make both of my CPU's to work properly?

I have a P4(2 CPU's) processor

I got this diagnosis in a software called everest which pointed out that only HTT unit #2 is only working(its showing live change in usage). The other one HTT unit #1 is not at all working. So how do i make it to work?I've detected that only one of my processors is working. How will i make both of my CPU's to work properly?First, P4's don't have more then one processor. Your Computer only has 1 processor, what you are seeing is Hyper threading. Which is just a way to make One processor act like 2 (or handle more then one task at a time).



But I don't know how a program would know which Hyper threading is working? If there is a problem it would be with the processor itself (is not working correctly).I've detected that only one of my processors is working. How will i make both of my CPU's to work properly?how do you have 2 cpus.I've detected that only one of my processors is working. How will i make both of my CPU's to work properly?Some of these answers, I don't think some people have seen a computer with 2 processors, yes they do make them and have for many years, we call them servers, I remember working on them years ago, ok, try this, shut the system down and open the case, remove the cooling fans and processors, now put the #2 processor in the # 1 CPU spot and the #1 in the #2 spot and run the software again, if the same thing happens but in the reverse order, then you know the #2 now #1 CPU needs to be replaced, hope this helped and good luck.
  • Dogs
  • medical doctor at home
  •