Monday, October 24, 2011

How do you change the CD-Rom drive in my Dell desktop computer?

The CD-Rom drive in my Dell desktop doesn't open properly (without putting a pin through the small hole) and also wont read discs. I assume it's easy to replace, I recently replaced the CPU fan, I'm just looking for some easy step by step instrutions. Please help!How do you change the CD-Rom drive in my Dell desktop computer?snice you already know how to replace the CPU fan I assume you already know the basic safety precausing when working inside of a computer, not to mention on how to open up the case on both sides.



Anyway. All you will need to do is remove the data and power cables from the cd drive.

Then unscrew the cd drive from both sides.

Push the cd drive out of the case and place a new one in.

screw in the screws on both sides. (must be both unless you want an wobbly cd drive)

Replace the power and data cables, if drive is using IDE connection set the master/slave settings.



after that close case and turn on computer. Check to see if the BIOS can see the new cd drive. If so when windows is booted up go ahead and install the drivers for it.How do you change the CD-Rom drive in my Dell desktop computer?depends on the model it will either be held by 4 small screws accessable when you remove the sides from your case,or it will by held by 2 slides that pull out after you press to release them,model would be nice i could then give you better instructions