Monday, October 24, 2011

How can I lower the CPU usage of my computer?

My computer is always %26quot;hanging%26quot; up on something. I'm pretty sure it has to do with my CPU being maxed out quite often. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, McAfee Total Protection 2007, and whatever application I'm working on, and it will get hung up all the time. In the task manager the System Idle Process always has an extremely high percentage of CPU usage. And there is so many McAfee processes going all the time. I have a satellite dish I get my internet from, which is supposed to be high-speed, yet it's slower than dial-up at times. Can anyone tell me how to change this?How can I lower the CPU usage of my computer?Using registry cleaner can fix your pc and then make your pc faster,Why?the reason is that there are some regsitry errors in your PC and then make your CPU usage higher to cause %26quot;Computer slow%26quot;.

Everytime you install and uninstall software on your computer and surfing online you create junk in the pc registry.You need to scan and clean your PC with registry cleaner to make it fast.Good Regisry Cleaner will improve your PC and Internet performance dramatically.It even can speed up your PC by 300% or more!

There are some comparisons and reviews of TOP 5 registry cleaners.



http://www.registry-Cleaners.info



You can download and scan your PC for free.How can I lower the CPU usage of my computer?System Idle actually means that percentage of the CPU is not being used. A better way to look at CPU usage visually is to look at the graph on the Performance tab. If CPU usage appears to not be maxed out there, then the problem could be with your system memory being used up. Typically this happens when there are a lot of little programs lurking in the background taking up memory. In more serious cases it could be spyware or even a misbehaved program that isn't letting go of memory it should.



I recommend scanning the computer for viruses and spyware to make sure there isn't anything running in the background that you didn't authorize. Then go to the Control Panel (typically Start -%26gt; Settings -%26gt; Control Panel) and use the Add / Remove Programs applet to remove any software that you aren't using anymore.



If all that doesn't make any big improvement you may be at a point where it would be easier to use any backup software you may have running to restore the computer to when it was behaving. Of if you don't use backup software, it may be time to reinstall the operating system AFTER backing up any personal files like pictures, emails, bookmarks, word and excel documents... etc. It's a pain but computers are a lot like cars and if they don't get regular maintenance they get sluggish and eventually crash. Unlike cars, reinstalling the operating sytem often gives you back that %26quot;new car%26quot; performance. But I do hope it isn't necessary. Good luck.How can I lower the CPU usage of my computer?check your task manager (ctrl + alt + del) and see what tasks are running -- chances are, you might have many programs running in the background.



You could download TweakNow Powerpack XP or some tool for managing your processes.



But if you really want to improve performance, just upgrade your memory.How can I lower the CPU usage of my computer?Firstly go into msconfig by going to run and typing the word and then click on. There will be a section called Startup. Look at the programs that have a tick next to them and decide if you really need or want them to run at startup. If not uncheck them and click apply and then close. You'll be prompted to restart your computer. Of course make sure not to uncheck anything vital like security programs.

The next thing I would suggest is getting rid of the Mcafee program as it's a major resource hog. Look around at different places and ask questions about products to get an idea of how much of a resource hog they are and then perhaps get a product that uses less resources. If you don't want to pay for another suite you could use some great freeware products that do a decent job and use less memory.

Antivirus:

Free AVG http://www.free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti

Anti-Spyware

Free AVG

http://www.free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti

As far as the firewall goes I've yet to find a free one that is good enough to use instead of a paid alternative but there might be one out there.