Monday, October 24, 2011

How do I do the dual monitor setup with one CPU unit?

I have one CPU unit, a monitor, a tv with a hookup and cord that goes into the back of the computer in a port and that same port is used to hook up my monitor to my CPU so I can EITHER have my monitor or my TV as the computer monitor. I know there is a way to have it so that I dont have to change the cord every time, but I dont know what it is. Can anyone help me with this?How do I do the dual monitor setup with one CPU unit?Sounds like you only have one VGA output on your video card. I would purchase a VGA Selector, that way you can press a button and it will switch the output to whichever device you prefer.How do I do the dual monitor setup with one CPU unit?Not all video adapters can do that. I'm guessing you are using a DVI connector. If that's the only connector, then you can only hook up one at a time.