Thursday, June 2, 2011

I want to open my sony SZ370 laptop to change the CPU fan. what do I do?

Hello, I bought this sony a 1.5 year ago and it's cpu fan has become very noisy lately. I want to change it but I know I don't have warranty anymore so It will cost Also to give it to sony and it takes about 2 weeks (that's what I've heard).



I am an engineer (not computer though) and I can open a machine and put it back together but this thing seemingly has been designed to prevent the user from opening. Do you know of a guide for opening this thing? I've removed the keyboard and all the other parts but I can't get to the fan. I don't know how to open it.



Also if you know a store around lisbon, portugal that is good with fixing laptops please let me know.I want to open my sony SZ370 laptop to change the CPU fan. what do I do?Since you took keyboard off you are almost there it looks like. Make sure to remove all the screws from the bottom and then there are a few screws under the keyboard on the top case assembly I think from the pictures I saw and then it should pop off. So, after removing all screws from back and taking keybaord off and removing the top case(with touchpad) the sub frame should pop off. You will probably have to pry it apart and then you can get to the fan. Good luck. This is what I'm thinking i have not taken apart a sony before. Good luck.