Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dell pc bios setup for cpu upgrade?

I have a Dell Vostro 220 with a core 2 duo E7300 %26amp; mobo model # Dell Inc 0P301D and vista ultimate installed. Vostro 220 on Dell's website currently can be customized up to a core 2 duo E8600. if I want to upgrade on my own to a cpu like core 2 duo E8400, I know that the fsb would be changed from 1064 to 1333. Would I need to change anything on the bios to adjust this cpu change? Would any other issues arrive if I know how to work with LGA775? The bios brand is Dell Inc and version is 1.0.3Dell pc bios setup for cpu upgrade?You will not have to adjust the FSB as the bios will do this automatically after installing the E8400. You cannot, under any circumstances, adjust the FSB manually on a mainstream OEM PC like the Vostro 220 anyway. This can only be done on uber-expensive enthusiast class prebuilt gaming PCs or custom built PCs that use retail motherboards.



I use the E8400 myself in my own custom built PC and it's a great CPU. I have it overclocked to 4 Ghz and it's wicked fast. Great choice.