Thursday, June 2, 2011

CPU Overclock: Why is my FSB locked?

I'm running the AMD Phenom II X4 965 OEM good at 3.9Ghz (from 3.4Ghz), but when I increase the multiplier from x19.5 to x20.0 and run a stability test, I crash and my motherboard, the ASUS M3A78-CM CPR's the CPU (I get a blue error screen). I reckon it's because I'm pushing the multiplier too high. So in order to fix this, I need to raise the FSB, front side bus. When I go into my BIOS settings, I change the CPU Overclock to %26quot;manual%26quot; and it pops up with the HT Ref. Clock and shows 200Mhz. When I press enter to change it, no menu pops up in order to change it. I went into AMD Overdrive, and the FSB there was also locked. Anyone know how to unlock it? Thanks =)CPU Overclock: Why is my FSB locked?The FSB is ram speed. If your ram can't be overclocked or the mobo doesn't support overclocking the fsb, there isn't much you can do.



Some cpus have features locked too. Sometimes you can change jumpers on the mobo to bypass locks and sometimes you can't.