Thursday, June 2, 2011

I want to change my motherboard & cpu.How can i find out whats compatible to my pc?

I have an hp computer and i want to change my motherboard %26amp; cpu but how can i find out which motherboard %26amp; cpu will be right for my pcI want to change my motherboard %26amp; cpu.How can i find out whats compatible to my pc?When you change the motherboard and CPU you are %26quot;redefining%26quot; what is compatible with your PC.



You can choose any motherboard that will fit inside the case.



This is typically a so-so at best kind of situation.



Better idea would be to build a system from scratch using the best quality of hardware that you can afford. Save and use the DVD burner, the RAM, and the existing Hard Drive for the new system if those parts are performing well enough to suite you.



A lot of people that build their own systems think of the case as just a box to stick their stuff in.



Cases:

Protect your delicate parts.

Provide adequate cooling if properly designed.

Provide a physical representation of what you build.

And if they look good too, that's a bonus.



Don't spend $1,000 on other computer parts and buy a $59 case or use that old case from your existing system. You'll regret it.



When I build a system I only use Antec cases.I want to change my motherboard %26amp; cpu.How can i find out whats compatible to my pc?few things you need to consider...



case size - will it physically take the motherboard



power supply - 20 or 24 pin cnnection, high enugh wattage?



ram type - is it ddr or ddr2



graphics - agp or pci express





warning many hp / compaq psu wil nly work with hp mtherboardsI want to change my motherboard %26amp; cpu.How can i find out whats compatible to my pc?You can poretty much use any motherboard and cpu as long as it will physically fit and your power supply can outout enough wattage. The problem is that most Dell, HP, Gateway....etc PCs use a BTX style motherboard and case and most aftermarket motherboards are ATX. So they usually dont fit since ATX and BTX are differant sizes and shapes. Also you need to make sure the memory will work on the new motherboard. Its usually not wrth it to relace the motherboard and cpu in these kind of PCs. This is one of the benefit of building your own system, you have much more flexibility when it comes to upgrading