Thursday, June 2, 2011

How can I increase my CPU speed on a Dell Inspiron 1520 after receiving ac adapter error?

I recently received the notorious %26quot;ac adapter type cannot be determined%26quot; error. I'm not going to spend money to buy a new adapter or motherboard for what is obviously a flawed design. I don't have an issue with being tied to a cord, but I want to restore my processor speed. I downloaded the Notebook Harware Control software, and it has my max processor speed listed as %26quot;battery optimized,%26quot; which is 5%. Whenever I try to switch it to %26quot;max. performance%26quot; I receive an error: %26quot;error on changing cpu speed.%26quot; Can anyone tell me how to fix this error, or provide another way to increase my processor speed back to maximum performance?How can I increase my CPU speed on a Dell Inspiron 1520 after receiving ac adapter error?u cant, its a prebuilt, u cant overclock it
  • tvs
  • service pin for my computer
  •