Thursday, June 2, 2011

Can i speed my CPU up?

Ok so my computer is an AMD 9600 Quad core at 2.29 GHz. How can i get it to be faster with out using Over clocking type methods.. Im not willing to risk the life of my PC. So what should i do? I need it around 3GHz.But any increase in speed is good



And i dont want to change my CPU. Just let me know. ThanksCan i speed my CPU up?As far as i know the only way to bump that up to 3GHz is to overclock it. And by the speed of your current cpu, that would be quite a feat. So if you do decide to overclock, you first need to adequately cool the cpu by buying a good thermal paste, and perhaps some 3rd party cpu cooler because i don't think you'd be able to accomplish it at that speed without the cpu overheating. And if you have a stock heatsink/fan currently on that AMD, i recommend changing it. Keep in mind that there's quite a margin from the stock speed to your goal. And one more thing about that AMD 9600 that you have, i suggest checking the specs on it beacause i believe they have two that exist. The revision B2 has lower wattage consumption from the other, and that the max temps are also different, so you might want check it out. i wish i can help you specifically, but i don't know your system specs. Just do a search on %26quot;how to overclock%26quot; the basics and you'll learn the formula. Anyways, happy OC'n.Can i speed my CPU up?impossible! oc is the only method without paying extra money.