Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do i change my CPU?

im kinda clueless on how to do this. The only reason i want to do this is to make my PC faster, do i have to change my mother board? (ASRock7800GXE/128m am3cpu ready), whatever that means.. phenom x4 quadcore. it clocks in at 2.29GHz. I would like for it to be 3Ghz or more. I use vista-64-bit if that makes a difference in anyway.



So basicaly i need to know if it is a simple instalation, meaning all i need to do is get the new CPU's (4) and install them. nothing needs to be removed other than the current cpu's. And nothing will be deleted.



please give me some suggestions after reading my system specs or watching a video of my pc i made wich will give more detaild Specs. thanks



AMD Phenom Q9600 quad core @ 2.29GHZ

GPU= Nvidia 9800GTX+

600watt Raidmax PSU

300 GB hard drive

4 GB RAM





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PODhBrd3DMYHow do i change my CPU?we didn't need your computer specs... well anyway. that asus mobo seems to be a custom one. somehow. so you could just overclock your proc. no need to buy a new one.



and yes, to your actual question, take out, put in new cpu, BUT YOU MUST APPLY THERMAL GREASE. arctic silver is a good kind.

and get the new CPU singular form. you can only put 1 cpu on that mobo. it's just that that cpu is divided into 4 smaller independently processing units.