Thursday, June 2, 2011

How exactly do I change my CPU?

I will soon be changing my CPU form AMD athlon64 4200+ to a 5200+ and I've already taken apart other PCs and put them back together so I know how the changing works I will be adding a heatsink to my CPU instead of the one that comes with the processor. Now what I want to know is, is there anything I should do before changing it and after. I mean in the software. Should I remove any programs because I think that the ones I have are not only for 4200+...I have only software form the AMD website. Should I mess with the bios?? My current CPU is overclocked. Should I restore the stock clock before removing it. (the new processor will also be overclocked).



Thanks.



P.S. - Any additional tips will be nice. :)How exactly do I change my CPU?As long as the chip plugs up there is nothing else to do.How exactly do I change my CPU?P.S. - Any additional tips will be nice. :) - Since it's the processor, make sure you download the static electricy of your body first before touching the processor.
  • brown hair
  • buy web hosting
  •