Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How can I increase the CPU clock to be closer to its rated speed?

I do not want to overclock, just to raise the speed of the CPU. It's an AMD Sempron 3300 rated at 2GHz. WBEMTEST shows that its MAX is 2GHz, and its Current Speed is 795MHz. The Phoenix BIOS setup on this Compaq Presario does not let you change CPU settings. Does anyone out there know how to do this? Thanks!How can I increase the CPU clock to be closer to its rated speed?ib bios the reccomended settings should get you at rated speed...the thing is you got a sempron, they slow down while you task them alot...try your test with nothing else going on but i wouldnt push that cpu its not a amd %26quot;clocker%26quot;.... if ya want some power look into a phenom2 !How can I increase the CPU clock to be closer to its rated speed?Increasing the CPU clock is overclocking. If your bios can't do it, maybe there's some software you can boot with via a floppy that does it, but I have no idea.