Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How can I change my CPU back to a previous time without System Restore?

Laptop, Sony Vaio, Windows 7.



This morning I turned my computer on and it displayed a basic Classic Windows screen with not all of my icons. Some of my programs are acting if it is the first time I am using them asking for serials or the installation disc, welcome screens, etc while others work fine. My bookmarks for Firefox are gone. Gotta reload all my tracks into WinAmp.

My HD is the size it's supposed to be. I went to my C Drive then to the main users folder and everything is there. I tried logging off and back on to the Administrator but I was already on it then everything gets slower.

I don't have any restore points. How can I get everything back to normal?How can I change my CPU back to a previous time without System Restore?only way is to back up some files and reformat and reinstall everything.