Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Can I change my CPU for my laptop?

I already know how it is very difficult and that it most likely cant be done, but can I upgrade my laptops Intel Pentium Processor to a dual processor or something better and faster. If I can, what cost am I looking at?Can I change my CPU for my laptop?CPU upgrades are possible. Even Dell provides documentation on the procedure. You can only upgrade to a certain set of processors. They must use the same socket in order for it to fit. In addition, the BIOS has to support the CPU as well. You can't simply upgrade a Pentium II to a Core 2, etc.



If you're using a Pentium Dual Core (and not the Pentium of 1990s), it is possible to upgrade to a Core 2 Duo processor.



Used/pulled Mobile CPUs will cost around $30 - $100 from eBay. Retail boxed Intel CPUs will cost you over $150.Can I change my CPU for my laptop?No.



Can't really say much else, sorry



what you can do however is upgrade your ram, which will give you a big performance increase. You should probably have around 4 gigabytes these days.